Thursday, February 12, 2009

Matching Thread Colours

What with all of the stitching and un-picking and extra seams and bits and pieces on this project, I ran out of thread yesterday. It was too early for the shops to be open and I was keen to get a bit more sewing done, while I was on a bit of a roll, so I tried using grey thread. Here's the result:
The seam in the middle of the pic above was stitched with the grey thread on the right. Can you pick it? The thread on the bobbin at the top of this pic is the thread I was using originally and the spool at the bottom is the one I bought when I went out yesterday afternoon to take a friend for a driving lesson. Luckily there was a sewing shop across the road, and this was in their range. I think I got away with that one pretty well and managed to get ahead a bit more on this project.

The grey thread didn't look so good on the plain fabric, though. I think maybe a slightly darker grey would have been better:
I decided I could get away with it for the lining--I've had enough of unpicking for a bit.

1 comment:

Dee said...

what is it we were taught all those years ago... if you can't get an exact colour match, go for a slightly dull shade that blends - grey seems to fit that description well :)