Thursday, November 27, 2008

Confessions

My computer lives in a little nook in my sewing room. It was out of action most of the day yesterday. A friend came to help me by checking it, cleaning it up and get it going better. That involved lots of technical stuff that I don't fully understand. While she fixed the computer, I tidied up a bit in the sewing room . . .

I came across a shelf of last summer's unfinished sewing projects. Uh oh! and Yay!


  • One light cotton princess-line top: I wasn't too happy with how it fit last year and I was going to tweek it, but when I tried it on yesterday I decided it would do. I wore it for the rest of the day:)

  • Three, yep, 1, 2, 3, pairs of long-shorts in different stages of completion. Two needed the length to be adjusted and one needed to be put together--it had been cut out and abandoned. I finished them all off, wore one pair and tossed the others in my room. Note to self: I don't need any more summer pants for a while.

  • Two rash vests cut out, but not sewn at all. These were for friends in Queensland, where rash vests are a consumable--they spend a lot of time in the pool over Christmas. Of course the girls have grown in the last year, so I have to check if they're still going to fit.

  • Two singlet tops for me--also cut out and ready to sew. I started putting one of them together in the afternoon and hope to finish it off today.

Moral of the story . . . it would have been a good idea to check that shelf before I went shopping for summer fabrics last week. . . . I guess I must have been pretty ambitious--or desperate--when I cut out sooooo many garments and then didn't finish them.


Now I have a clear shelf ready to receive new projects and a few more things to wear. Also a couple of "works in progress" to get on with.


No comments: