Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Stitching

I just needed to check this morning that the tension on my machine really is happy, after the difficulties I had yesterday.

Here's my test strip . I've used some scrap fabric and an offcut of wadding because the test piece needs to be similar to the actual project.

Top side:
Underside:
The stitches are clearly formed on each side and the threads aren't being pulled to one side or the other. It's also nice and stable when I try to pull the fabric pieces apart. I'm happy enough with that.
Yesterday wasn't my best day . . . just after my "tension troubles" were over, I ran out of the thread I'm using for the quilting. So, buying that is on the list for today. I'm still hoping to have this quilt out of the way this week and looking forward to getting back to the shorts.

No comments: