Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Little Black Book

My first task for this morning is to clear up a bit and make some rom to think about my next project.

Here's the part of the cutting table that is clear enough for a photo. And that's my little "black book" on the left. Not so little, not so black! It's where I keep information like body measurements, pattern alterations and rough sketches for the clothes I make without a pattern. That way I can find them when I need them again. At least, that's if I can find the book--sometimes it's under a pile of fabric scraps and I drive myself crazy looking for it!


The other item featured in this pic is the pattern I've just finished using. Remember that pile of papers: pattern instruction and out of control tissue paper? There's no way it was going to fit back in the original envelope. It never does for me. Plus there's the pattern I've traced off and used, which I'd like to keep with the original for now. So it's all in a clear plastic sleeve together and it will go in the box with the rest of my pattern collection.

1 comment:

Dee said...

oh the joy of featuring in that 'little black book'....