Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to You

I made this quilt for my friend D's 40th birthday--today!
It's been in the making at home for couple of months. In fact it spent more time on my design wall than under my sewing machine, since the main part of the quilt is made from 40 different squares of fabric each with some significance to my friend. Balancing out where all the different fabrics would best fit was quite a juggle. Apart from that, the hardest thing was not blogging about it as I went along. Particualrly when my friend is one of my regular readers and she made a few comments about my not blogging on some of the days when I was working on her quilt.

Now it's safely handed over. In fact, it's sitting on her lap as I type. So, happy birthday!

1 comment:

Vireya said...

Hooray! Finally the quilt is on the blog. Happy birthday, D.