Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nightmares

It wasn't the quilt that kept me awake last night . . . but while I should have been sleeping, all sorts of things were going over and over in my mind. Eventually I got up and tried this idea: I think I'll go with it. Not that I'm scared of being too loud, but I think this combination puts the emphasis back on the butterflies, which after all are the feature. I can use the scary loud fabrics for something else. Watch this space for updates.

Having solved my butterfly quilt issues, I made myself a cup of hot milk, turned on the radio and had another go at sleeping. That wasn't nearly as successful. Somehow late night jazz didn't suit my mood and it was several hours still before I got any sleep. But when I got up this morning, the quilt arrangement greeted me in a bright and cheerful way. I'm still feeling the effects of bad night, but at least my quilt is happy!

2 comments:

Dee said...

ohhhh now that is a winnner!! :) what a lovely combo.
:( nightmares and not sleeping.
have i told you lately how much i love this blog? :)

ps there are several drunken people singing karioke somewhere in the neighbourhood - that is enough to give you nightmares on its own.

Chiara Z said...

Hmmm, since most quilts end up with a name of their own, maybe the quilt which grows out of the loud wild colours needs to be named in honour of the drunken karioke singers:)I don't think it would be fair to call it the Nightmare Quilt!