Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sew With Me

Here's my big table as it looked at about 3.30 this afternoon:
I caught up with a couple of my quilting friends. V was working on her red applique flowers. M was collecting blue, yellow and black fabrics for a quilt and I was stitching the binding on a quilt. Add tea and coffee, chocolate, dates and cake and you have the recipe for a very happy few hours.

It was great letting M loose on my fabric collection. She only needed pieces a few inches across, but as varied as possible in those three colour ranges. V had already gone through her fabrics and came with three piles of squares already cut. I wasn't anywhere near as organised, so I put on the kettle and just brought a box or two at a time from my sewing room.

Of course we had to discuss most of the fabrics as they came out of the boxes:
  • * where did it come from,
  • * how much did it cost
  • * who else has that fabric
  • * what was it bought for,
  • * what quilt had it been used for already,
  • * what other projects might it be used in . . .

M went home with enough blue, yellow and black bits to do many more blocks, V finished her flowers and I got half way round my quilt binding, without getting bored. And my fabrics are tidier than they were when we started, though I can't really see that there's any less fabric there than there was. We'll have to do it again soon.

2 comments:

Dee said...

what a fantabulous afternoon :) friends, food, fabric and fun...
i would so love to be there. give my best to them both. :)

Dee said...

good to see another post after a none for a little while :) they brighten my day.