Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Knitting"

I just got this book back on Friday, "Knitting" by Anne Bartlett: I read it last year and loved it. Since then it's been doing the rounds of the Book Club and the Knitters Circle at the Neighbourhood House, which coincidentally have quite a big overlap in their membership. It arrived back in my pigeon hole last week. Now I wish I'd thought to keep a record of it's travels:)

I know it say, "knitting" and this is a sewing blog, but honestly, it's worth a read. And it speaks to some of the issues I raised last week about how we see ourselves and our craft. What's more it's Australian--set in Adelaide--and feels very homey to me . . . as if it's written by someone who appreciates my world.
By the way, I have been doing some sewing today. I need to finish the 9-patch blocks for the class quilt, so I can demonstrate the next steps on Wednesday.

No comments: