Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Polls are In, Out, or Uncertain . . .

Votes so far . . . blog and students combined:
  • * a couple for the bright orange/yellow
  • * several definitely against the bright orange/yellow
  • * a couple for the pink and purple dots
  • * a couple for the stripes -- including me when I went to do the cutting out this afternoon
  • * a suggestion of navy from one of the students--actually it looked good to me
  • * a suggestion of white, also from one of the students--definitely calming, though not my style, particularly for a kids' quilt--it worked, though
  • * . . . and I'm guessing a few somewhat overwhelmed by all the brightness and too polite to say so!

. . . as for me, I'm just glad this is a fun, learn as you go quilt project, rather than one with any great expectations.

1 comment:

Dee said...

E's feedback when she saw it...
"that yellow orange is too much; even for me and i like it loud! the purple for the sashing looks nice, with perhaps the corner stones in the bright yellow/orange - then there is only a little splodge of it.
ow! the stripes are also too much and so are the spots! my eyes need a rest. the butterfly material is cute. is there any left over for a little bit for me?"
this coming from my scary 13 year old is a bit surprising so i have recorded her verbatim.