Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quick Post

I've had my running shoes on to catch up on what I want to get done before this evening's class. So here's the quick piecing technique I mentioned the other day: This is the sashing and cornerstones. I've just fed them through the machine one after the other without stopping to tie off ends and restart. The machine just happily keeps stitching through the whole row. When they're all done I just snip the threads in between. That's it!

The application for quilting is pretty obvious, but you could use the same idea if you were sewing a few of anything, really. I've used this technique for the cuffs of t-shirts when I was making a few for a friend's daughters--three t-shirts by two cuffs per t-shirt, in they go one after another: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6!

No comments: