Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Circle by any other Name

So, the plan is to lengthen and jazz up a hardly there little denim skirt with a gold sequinned flounce. Seems like an appropriate activity for New Year's Eve, even though I'm planning to go to bed early like a "granny".

But what is a flounce? It's really just like the circle skirts that my friend Anna made for her nieces, but instead of being the whole skirt, it's added to the bottom of something else--in this case it will be added to the bottom of the little denim skirt.


Here's the circle cut out. You can see where I've marked the inner circle ready to cut. The circumference of the inner circle will match the bottom of the denim part of the skirt . . .

I'm not in the mood for maths this morning, so I'll leave those details to another day.


Here's a pic of it all cut out. I've cut it on the fold, so you can only see half in this pic.

No comments: