Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oops


I mentioned that you need to hold the threads firmly behind the presser foot when you start off sewing a seam . . . Here's what happens if you don't! The threads get pulled into the mechanism in the base of the machine and make a glorious little tangle. Solution? Raise the presser foot and the needle and wiggle and jiggle the fabric gently until you can pull it out. Then hopefully you can snip off the snarl without damaging the material and start again.
You'd think after all these years of sewing that I couldn't still make that mistake . . . well I held the threads, went to sew, but stopped before I actually got started because the phone rang. When I came back to sewing I just continued without thinking. Of course I had to take a photo to illustrate my point!

No comments: