Thursday, December 11, 2008

Too Big to Photograph

My sewing project today is a King size doona cover. Fairly simple sewing really, except that it's HUGE. 2.4m x 2.1 m huge to be exact. So, no photos.


As for the sewing, it's virtually the same as the pincushion, minus the stuffing and plus a whole lot more fabric. I'm making the front in three sections--three mix and match prints, my first task is putting that together. I'm putting a feature band with contrasting fabric and buttons 1/3 of the way up. I've cut out the back--one big rectangle of fabric. Then, lots of pins and sew around all four sides. Since I've got the button opening on the front piece, I don't have to worry about leaving an opening to turn it through.


Hopefully I'll find a big enough space to get a shot of it when I've finished. For now though, here's a pic of some beautiful pink lillies that a friend of mine left with me to babysit while she travels to India--I'm loving them.

No comments: