Thursday, February 26, 2009

Curved Seams

I am still working on the teal singlet top. For an afterthought, it's taken a lot of time and attention. I'm hoping I didn't promise a step-by-step for the lining process, because it's just not going to happen. The lining is happening, but the step-by-step is not. I'm making it up as I go along and that's not a good recipe for demonstrating. Now I know why, "here's one I prepared earlier" is such a well used line.

This morning I'm sorting out the curved seams on the armholes and neckline. I've stitched the two layers together and the next step is to turn the lining in to the inside. Here's the neckline seam:

I've trimmed and clipped the curved seam to reduce bulk and help it to sit smoothly when it's turned to the inside. Curved seams always need to be trimmed and clipped.


My next step is to sort out the shoulder seams which I've left open to turn the lining through. Then I'll top stitch the armholes and neckline. Last of all I need to finish off the bottom hem. I may yet get to wear this top before the cold weather sets in.

No comments: