Friday, February 6, 2009

Patching Together Possibilities

Here is the current incarnation of my teal singlet top: It's been a case of making it up as I go along. I didn't like the look of my first idea and my attempt at a front yoke with a curved seam ended up looking strangely bubbly and wonky. As you can see from the amount of fabric on the front of the top in the pic, my bust is distinctly 3-dimensional, so I need to be careful how I draw attention to it--or preferrably don't.

I've had a look in the mirror with this version up against me, and I think it's going to work ok.

Now for a bit of a technical challenge. . . I mentioned that I've needed two thicknesses of the voile throughout this garment. I've only got one layer of the hand-dye in the lower centre-front panel. So I think I'll take the opportunity to demonstrate lining a garment. I'll have to unpick the three seams I've already done, but that's OK. I needed to get as far as this to convince myself that the layout was going to work.

1 comment:

Dee said...

that looks like it will work really well. pretty and cool.