Thursday, February 19, 2009

Patchwork Class Update

It was a busy, busy day and evening with seven brand new patchwork students and only a couple of days notice that the class was really going to go ahead. I spent a few hours cutting out squares of fabric for a warm up exercise to help students get to know each other and at the same time experiment with fabric choices and colour matching. Here are some of the left-over patches:
I found it quite revealing to be reminded of the vast array of fabrics, even just in my little sewing room, let alone out there in the shops! And then watching the students try out different combinations and come up with matches that I hadn't thought of! We had everything from a couple of busy bright prints together to the palest of pretty pink pastels. Next week we'll get to see how the 9-patches made from their own fabrics come together.

Now my sewing room is a mess, so my next task is to get things sorted out a bit.

No comments: