Saturday, February 21, 2009

One-way Print

I bought this fabric on sale a long time ago. For the last few months it's been out and about in my sewing room while I've been playing with ideas of what to do with it. Today one of those ideas got as far as a sketch with measurements. The next step is actually cutting out. It was only when I spread the fabric on the cutting board that I noticed that it's a one-way print.
Most prints are designed so that they work equally well in both directions. One way prints have an obvious up and down orientation. They don't work both ways. Just as well I noticed before I started cutting, or I would have had a lot of these cool cats upside down and I would not have been happy about that. More about this project later, but for now . . . beware the one-way print!

No comments: